Your Managed Service Provider
Carrell Technology is a Managed Service Provider serving East Central Illinois specializing in small business networking and web services.
What is a Managed Service Provider?
The closest and best definition came out of a meeting of top MSP leaders over 10 years ago; this is the definition they created.
Managed Services is the proactive management of an IT (Information Technology) asset or object, by a third party typically known as a MSP, on behalf of a customer. The operative distinction that sets apart a MSP is the proactive delivery of their service, as compared to reactive IT services, which have been around for decades.
Managed Services Characteristics
Typically, MSPs will have the following distinguishing characteristics:
- Have some form of Network Operation Center (NOC) service
- Have some form of service or help desk service
- Be able to remotely monitor and manage all or a majority of the objects for the customer
- Proactively, compared to reactive, maintain the objects under management for the customer
- Delivery these solutions with some form of predictable billing model, where the customer knows with great accuracy what their regular IT management expense will be
- Managed Services Specialties
While the term MSP may be somewhat generic these days, there are many types of MSPs who deliver specific services or manage specific types of customers. Some of the more common types of solutions include security, storage, desktop, server, hosting, applications, and mobile device management.
Managed Services Vertical Markets
Just like there are many types of service offerings, there are many types of vertical markets MSPs service. For example, banking, financial services, health care, and legal, are just a few of the vertical markets that have shown high demand for managed services for the last two decades.